You can move and resize user slices in Photoshop and ImageReady, but not in the Photoshop Save for Web dialog box. You can also move and resize slices using numeric coordinates. (See Resizing and moving slices using numeric coordinates.)
To move or resize a user slice:
- Select a user slice. In ImageReady, you can select and move multiple slices.
- Do one of the following:
- To move a slice, move the pointer inside the slice selection border, and drag the slice to a new position. Press Shift to restrict movement to a vertical, horizontal, or 45° diagonal line.
- To resize a slice, grab a side or a corner handle of the slice, and drag to resize the slice. In ImageReady, if you select and resize adjacent slices, common edges shared by the slices are resized together.
To snap slices to a guide or another user slice:
- Select the options you want from the View > Snap To submenu, and choose View > Snap. (See Using the Snap command.) A check mark indicates that the option is turned on.
- Move the selected slices as desired. The slices snap to any guide or slice within 4 pixels.