Report four: 19 December 2013 - we swap the A7 for a fold-up bike

I’m leaving MSN to take up a new job working indirectly with Volvo, so it’s time to bid farewell to the A7 very soon. And the switch means I will be swapping the glamorous Audi for the not-so-swish world of commuter trains and a folding bike.

MINI, in reply to a question I posed on Twitter about folding bikes, generously offered me one for a short while to test. Turns out the BMW-owned firm doesn’t just make small cars, they dabble in teeny bikes, too.

The matte black bike below folds in seconds and with slightly bigger wheels than a Brompton, offers a more comfortable ride, too. And at £500, they cost half as much as the fashionable British-built Bromptons, but they don’t fold down as compactly, which I could see annoying fellow passengers on the over-crowded rail network. I'll enjoying sticking with the creature comforts of the A7 for now. I'll miss this car...

Views and News