Daniel Radcliffe not playing Freddie Mercury in biopic

'Harry Potter' star Daniel Radcliffe says he is the wrong choice to play iconic Queen frontman Freddie Mercury in an upcoming biopic

Daniel Radcliffe has dismissed rumours that he is replacing Sacha Baron Cohen in an untitled Freddie Mercury biopic.
Cohen, whose uncanny similarity with Mercury was one of the key factors in his casting, quit the film about Queen's late frontman due to creative differences.
There were reports that Cohen wanted to take the gritty R-rated route in representing Mercury's life story something that did not go well with band's remaining members.
Radcliffe, who came to know about his casting rumour through internet, said he would be completely wrong for the part.
"There is no truth to it at all. Everyone on the internet who I presume is saying I'm totally wrong for that part is correct. I am completely wrong for that part!," Radcliffe told Empire Podcast.
"If I'd seen a rumour about me playing Iggy Pop, I'd think, 'Hey, I'd have a go at that - that'd be fun!', but Freddie Mercury? No. I don't even know who the director is. They seem to be saying it's Stephen Frears and Tom Hooper on the internet.
Radcliffe joked that tabloids find it easy to attach his and his 'Potter' co-star Emma Watson's name when there is any casting opportunity.
"This is the kind of thing that happens to me and it happens to Emma (Watson) with multiple Fifty Shades of Grey things. When somebody has column inches to fill, they just sub in one of our names," the actor said.

Views and News