Mike Tyson on alcoholism and suicidal thoughts

Former heavyweight boxing champ Mike Tyson opens up about his addiction problems; says he is a vicious alcoholic

Los Angeles: Mike Tyson reveals he still suffers from alcoholism and admitted to having suicidal thoughts.

"When I start drinking and I relapse, I think of dying. When I'm in a real dark mood, I think of dying, and I don't want to be around no more... I won't survive if I don't get help," the 47-year-old reality star opened up to Today's Matt Lauer about his personal struggles.

Tyson described his mind as a "strange and scary" place and admitted that 12 days of sobriety has made him "mean and irritable."

"It's a real challenge because I don't know if I like this sober guy. It's hard for me to live normal. Straight is hard. Living straight life is hard," he added.

During an August 23 press conference, Tyson stunned reporters and fans when he decided to go public about his private pain.

"I'm on the verge of dying because I'm a vicious alcoholic. I've been lying to everybody else that thinks I was sober, but I'm not," he had said.

Views and News