Kareena: EMAET is a Hollywood style romcom



Kareena is ending the year with a blockbuster (BODYGUARD) and a hit (RA.ONE). Even though the Number One crown is pretty much sitting right on her head, Kareena has always maintained that the number game doesn't quite matter for her. Still, in Bollywood where money does all the talking, does she still stick to her stand that being acknowledged as a commercially viable superstar doesn't matter?


download EK MAIN AUR EKK TU wallpaper

'No of course it does matter,' Kareena calls spade a spade here, 'After all, in this industry you are as good as your last film. Eventually it is all about the commercial viability of the stars. Bollywood is about entertainment; this is what that sells here and we can't change that. In fact we must not try to change that and balance it all. This is what I have and will always believe in; one needs to play the balancing act. I may try to please everyone but at the end of it all, basically I have to entertain my fans. I can and should never forget that basic aspect of my journey as an actress.'

CHECK OUT: Imran-Kareena's EK MAIN AUR EKK TU first theatrical trailer

One can well see Kareena playing a balancing act. Otherwise what else can explain her willingness to work with a young leading man like Imran Khan when all her 'box office centuries' so far have been with men who are aged at least 40 years or above?

'EK MAIN AUR EKK TU is the kind of film that I haven't done for a really long time so yes, I am pretty much doing a balancing act here,' agrees Kareena, 'I am enjoying this phase in my career where I am shifting genres with practically every film and now with this film, I am getting into a very Hollywood style romcom space. There are hardly any movies belonging to this genre that are made in Bollywood and trust me when I say that this is one film which would also make critics happy.'

Sure Kareena, we would love to see that.

Views and News